Locations in Australia and New Zealand
Open from end of November until
end of December 2023
100% of purchases are donated to nonprofits.
Usually, we visit a vending machine to get something for ourselves, but LightTheWorld Giving Machines are a way to give to someone else.
Imagine swiping your credit card at a vending machine—but instead of buying a chocolate for yourself, you are buying life-changing items for those in need.
Giving Machines make it easy to support global and local charities that provide those in need with items such as clothing, eyeglasses, medicine, hygiene supplies, wheelchairs, sporting equipment, and even livestock.
We cover 100% of credit card fees and overhead costs so Charities receive 100% of your donation.
How does it work?
- The Giving Machine partners with credible, impactful charities representing a wide variety of needs in the local and global community.
- Each of the six featured charities curates a selection of five of their top needs over the next year, ranging from lifesaving medical care, support for people experiencing homelessness, and literacy and numeracy tutoring for rural people. The items range from $10 to $200.
- Visitors can walk up to a Giving Machine and choose something to give to someone in need. Each item or service is represented by a card, which drops from the machine with every purchase. The donor then has the option to scan a QR code to receive a tax-deductible receipt.
- Each machine keeps a running tally of the items donated to each charity. In early 2024, the donated funds are delivered to each charity along with the accounting of items chosen by donors. These donations will be used and fulfilled over the next year by each charity.
- We cover all individual credit card fees and campaign costs so that every cent donated goes towards its intended purposes.